Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity
Drivers from New Albany to Elizabethtown are drawn to the popular Toyota RAV4 due to its capability and advanced features. While this model is not the largest available SUV in the new Toyota vehicle lineup, it has a pretty impressive towing capacity for its size. Travel the Louisville roads in comfort while safely towing in the 2020 Toyota RAV4, which combines crossover SUV comfort with towing power. How much can a Toyota RAV4 tow? Up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. Read on to learn more about the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity, compliments of the team at Toyota of Louisville.
2020 Toyota RAV4 Towing: Conventional and Hybrid
When considering how much a Toyota RAV4 can tow, it important to explore the available engine options. All of the available engine options for the Toyota RAV4 are pretty impressive. Whether you opt for the conventional gasoline engine or you prefer to go green in the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, you’ll be covered. Compare the specs of each of these engine options below:
Toyota RAV4 Conventional Engine
- 2.5L dynamic force four-cylinder engine with DOHC 16-valve with d-4s dual injection
- Dual variable valve timing with intelligence (vvt-i)
- 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque
- 3,500 pounds maximum towing capacity when properly equipped
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Engine
- 2.5L Dynamic Force four-cylinder DOHC 16-valve with VVT-i engine
- Direct Shift eight-speed Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT).
- Combined 219 net system hp, with an EPA estimated 41 mpg / 38 mpg (city/highway).
- 1,750-pound maximum towing capacity
2020 RAV4 Performance
Along with their powerful engines, the 2020 Toyota RAV4 has quite a few features that can enhance its towing capacity:
- Available all-wheel drive and dynamic torque vectoring all-wheel drive (TV-AWD)
- Sport, ECO, and Normal drive modes
- Active Cornering Assist
- Mud and Sand, Rock and Dirt, and Snow modes on higher trims
- 8.4 to 8.5 inches of ground clearance
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
- Trailing wishbone-style multi-link rear suspension
- Power-assisted ventilated 12-inch front disc brakes
- Ventilated 11.1-inch rear disc brakes with Star Safety System™
- Direct Shift eight-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity and More from the Team at Toyota of Louisville!
Hopefully, you’re no longer wondering, “How much can a Toyota RAV4 Tow?” With style, comfort, and impressive stats for the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity, it is clear this crossover has a lot to offer. Still not convinced? Check out this Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V comparison to see how the RAV4 pulls ahead of the competition. From there, give us a call at 502-935-1433 to answer any other questions you may have.
More from Toyota of Louisville
2020 Toyota Highlander configurations provide a selection of features designed to satisfy every kind of driver. Whether you’re looking for cutting-edge safety as standard or next-generation technology with a top-tier model, you’ll find a trim that feels tailormade. Highlander InventoryLearn More How much does a Toyota Highlander cost? 2020 Toyota Highlander price points include: 2020…
Drivers from New Albany to Elizabethtown are drawn to the popular Toyota RAV4 due to its capability and advanced features. While this model is not the largest available SUV in the new Toyota vehicle lineup, it has a pretty impressive towing capacity for its size. Travel the Louisville roads in comfort while safely towing in…
As one of the only minivans on the market with AWD capabilities and beginning at a modest $31,640* MSRP, there’s a lot to love about the new Toyota Sienna. Built from the ground up for versatility, comfort, and convenience, the Toyota Sienna interior is perfect for Louisville families looking to upgrade to a premium minivan….