Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity
Drivers from New Albany to Elizabethtown are drawn to the popular Toyota RAV4 due to its capability and advanced features. While this model is not the largest available SUV in the new Toyota vehicle lineup, it has a pretty impressive towing capacity for its size. Travel the Louisville roads in comfort while safely towing in the 2020 Toyota RAV4, which combines crossover SUV comfort with towing power. How much can a Toyota RAV4 tow? Up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. Read on to learn more about the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity, compliments of the team at Toyota of Louisville.
2020 Toyota RAV4 Towing: Conventional and Hybrid
When considering how much a Toyota RAV4 can tow, it important to explore the available engine options. All of the available engine options for the Toyota RAV4 are pretty impressive. Whether you opt for the conventional gasoline engine or you prefer to go green in the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, you’ll be covered. Compare the specs of each of these engine options below:
Toyota RAV4 Conventional Engine
- 2.5L dynamic force four-cylinder engine with DOHC 16-valve with d-4s dual injection
- Dual variable valve timing with intelligence (vvt-i)
- 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque
- 3,500 pounds maximum towing capacity when properly equipped
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Engine
- 2.5L Dynamic Force four-cylinder DOHC 16-valve with VVT-i engine
- Direct Shift eight-speed Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT).
- Combined 219 net system hp, with an EPA estimated 41 mpg / 38 mpg (city/highway).
- 1,750-pound maximum towing capacity
2020 RAV4 Performance
Along with their powerful engines, the 2020 Toyota RAV4 has quite a few features that can enhance its towing capacity:
- Available all-wheel drive and dynamic torque vectoring all-wheel drive (TV-AWD)
- Sport, ECO, and Normal drive modes
- Active Cornering Assist
- Mud and Sand, Rock and Dirt, and Snow modes on higher trims
- 8.4 to 8.5 inches of ground clearance
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
- Trailing wishbone-style multi-link rear suspension
- Power-assisted ventilated 12-inch front disc brakes
- Ventilated 11.1-inch rear disc brakes with Star Safety System™
- Direct Shift eight-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity and More from the Team at Toyota of Louisville!
Hopefully, you’re no longer wondering, “How much can a Toyota RAV4 Tow?” With style, comfort, and impressive stats for the Toyota RAV4 towing capacity, it is clear this crossover has a lot to offer. Still not convinced? Check out this Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V comparison to see how the RAV4 pulls ahead of the competition. From there, give us a call at 502-935-1433 to answer any other questions you may have.
More from Toyota of Louisville
The 2021 Toyota Highlander has garnered much popularity amongst New Albany drivers with its well-appointed interior and variety of configurations that offer commuters a customizable driving experience. However, the Toyota Highlander also comes in a variety of colors so you can drive a vehicle that suits your personal aesthetic. With eight available exterior colors, along…
If you’ve been admiring the latest 2020 Toyota Camry around the New Albany, you might be wondering, “how much is a Toyota Camry?” The good news is that you can experience this best-selling sedan without breaking the bank! The latest Toyota Camry price is just $24,295 MSRP* for the L base trim, which includes tons…
If you need an SUV that combines everyday practicality with heavy-duty capabilities, then the Toyota Highlander towing capacity will blow you away. How much can a Toyota Highlander tow? Take a look at the performance specs and features on the latest model, and see how this SUV can improve your New Albany travels! View Highlander…